No time for pictures tonight, but I at least wanted to get something out there.
We are enjoying sharing the Christmas season with Riley and Colter. We took them to the Christmas program at church on Sunday and had a blast! They loved all the music. I couldn't believe they made it through the whole thing, but they did. Colter flirted with the people behind us and Riley made friends with one of the trumpet players (we were sitting in the first row). It was so much fun to see everything through their eyes.
They were quite the little troopers yesterday. I took them out to run errands yesterday after they woke up from their afternoon nap. I knew it would take a long time (traffic!!!) so I packed a picnic dinner and fed them in the car between going to the mall and the post office. We could have gone home in between, but it's such a production to get them both upstairs into the house, unbundle them, feed them, rebundle them, carry them downstairs, etc. It turns out they would have been miserable if I'd tried to make it home to feed them because it took forever to get back from the mall. They were not happy with me. But, we got our packages mailed and I think they actually enjoyed visiting the post office. Go figure.
A few days ago we discovered Colter has his third tooth. Thank goodness there is a reason for all the fussing he's been doing. He's also learned to push himself up into a sitting position. He still prefers rolling as his mode of transportation, but he's giving us some signs that he's interested in this whole crawling thing. Riley is crawling more and more. She gets the funniest look of concentration on her face whenever she does it.
I worked today, so I haven't seen them since last night. It's time to go sneak into their room and take a peak at my little cuties.
March
9 years ago
1 comment:
Hee hee--looks like we are on similar blogging schedules...only you have two babies and a job! Guess I don't have much of an excuse.
I bet Colter will be moving in no time. Caroline actually crawled before pushing herself into a sitting position so he's right there at that stage for sure.
I finally read about what you had mentioned before about waking up during the night when they are about to hit major milestones. I had never heard that before you mentioned it. It was funny because they article I was reading explained that they wake up in the night and want to practice whatever the skill is and get too excited to go back to sleep so they end up crying for you. That was a cute image.
Post a Comment