Gram came over to play with the twins this afternoon. She comes over at least twice a week to take care of them. I know Riley and Colter love to see her and I REALLY appreciate having a break to look forward to. This is the first week I've actually left the house instead of just taking a nap.
I didn't do anything too exciting. Wait, that's not true. I returned the breast pump we rented from the hospital - finally! I had it for almost three months and relied heavily on it for nine weeks. Our "team" wouldn't have made it if I hadn't been able to pump. I was so thankful to be able to return it, though.
This was the typical set up for the past months.
We have put the bottles away for the most part (except when I want to leave the house for an extended period of time) and are finally at the point where nursing the twins is going well. I am able to nurse them together with a special pillow designed for twins. Oh, the time we have gained! Thank you to all the friends and family who supported us, cheered me on, and let me know it was OK if the nursing thing didn't work out. While I was at the hospital returning the pump, I ran into the nurse who worked with me during two outpatient lactation consultations. I was so glad to be able to give her the update.
2 comments:
SO LONG PUMPING STATION!! I *KNOW* you were glad to see that thing go!!! Good for Riley (and Colter). I had to look back and see when Bryce rolled over and it was right at 3 months, too. Gosh, you forget so quickly. I sure am glad I have the blog archives to refresh my memory.
You are my hero! I don't think I would have endured that much pumping... I am so happy you are now able to nurse them at the same time because I know how time consuming just nursing one can be... Keep up the good work and know that you will always be admired!
Post a Comment